- UPJ - David Janusek
- Acacia- Greg Mautino
- Alpha Gamma Delta- Jennifer Werni Hughes
- Delta Chi- Bernard Martin
- Omega Alpha Tau- Jody Robatzek Greiner
UPJ Alumni Board
Elections were held and the first meeting of the new alumni board at UPJ. There are several members of the UPJ Alumni Board who are members of Greek Organizations. Bernie Martin has been appointed interim chair of the newly formed Greek Subcommittee and will be holding their first meeting on August 14.
Background & History
Nearly a decade ago when Bernie built the UPJ Greeks website which has been funded by Dr Pete Korch (Delta Chi) they developed a proposal to create a Greek Alumni Council which include a set up By-Laws and some longer term capitol project for a Log Cabin outdoor forum and underground storage/ showcase area for Greek Organizational history. The intent was to create another affinity group subcommittee similar to what the Alumni Board had approved for the Education alumni. In an Executive session of the Alumni Board it was decided to not approve additional affinity group subcommittees. That put most of the plans on hold for a Greek Alumni Council. Until now.
Greek Alumni Council subcommittee
According to Matt Sernell, Co-Presdent of the new Alumni Council and as part of the newly created Greek Subcommittee, "Also remember, other alumni that are not on the Alumni Board can serve on committees, so if you know of someone who your committee feels could brings something to the table, they can participate in the committee and committee activities." which has laid the foundation for a Greek Alumni Council that could fall under the liability umbrella of the UPJ Alumni Board.
During the meeting this evening, it was determined that should find out more about liability coverages for the reunion weekend events. David Janusek said that he would begin research into this topic and have some information for the next meeting.
Some of the ideas for the All Greek Reunion were mapped out in 2015. Take a look at the following article: Homecoming 2015: We ARE Greek! "Shout It Out!"
For the 5/31-6/2/2024 it was decided to set up several committees:
- Recruitment finding a point of contact for each organization who can recruit both planners/volunteers/attendees.
- Swag & Gear - Cups, T-shirts, etc...
- Friday Night Welcome - To be held off-campus at a local tavern. Coordinate a place and times
- Saturday Mimosa Brunch - Living Learning Center. Planning out the brunch menu and times, Registration/ names tags, etc
- Saturday Campus Tour - Where to people want to visit. All of the Greek Houses from the past are on the list. This committee will determine the locations and any other amenities that should be on the tour such s signage etc..
- Saturday Evening Cookout/ Dinner - Location TBD
- Log Cabin reception - Do we want a band or a DJ? A fire outside? A handicapped accessible port-a-john? Can the maintenance department put some gravel in the washed out areas on the path down to the cabin?
- Sunday Coffee & Donuts - Locations TBD
We will need select a host hotel off-campus but on-campus options will be the Living Learning Center and Willow Hall for families with children. David will get estimates of pricing for campus lodging, meals, etc.
- Put out the call for volunteers with skills/connections to help with marketing (logo/designs/merch) and services.
- David to check on the ability of the UPJ Database software to determine if it has fields for affinity groups.
- Bernie will build an online form in lieu of a UPJ database within the UPJ Greeks website to start collecting contact information
- Bernie will update after the Alumni Board Subcommittee meeting.