- A portion of Blackington Hall has been renovated to accommodate Pitt-Johnstown’s new nursing program. In addition to faculty office space, a simulation lab has been created.
- Classrooms throughout the Engineering and Science Building have been renovated with upgrades in instructional technology, as well as new flooring, lighting and furniture.
- All campus classrooms are being refurnished as part of UPJ’s largest classroom enhancement project. Traditional side-arm desks are being replaced with tables and chairs. In addition to accommodating the increasing number of students who are utilizing laptops in the classroom, the new furniture provides students with more desktop space and more comfortable seating.
- The UPJ Student Union has undergone an extensive renovation. In addition to major upgrades in the main dining hall, including the addition of Magellan’s, a Mongolian-style grill.
- The entire Tuck Shop area has been renovated and includes expanded dining options. In addition to the existing Subway and Pizza Hut, the Tuck Shop also will feature Mexican cuisine at Salsa Rio, as well as a Simply to Go option.
- The fall term also will mark the grand opening of Brioche Doree, a European-style café located in the expanded food court area of the Student Union.
via University Times