Among UPJ’s efforts to support good sportsmanship by its athletes were:
- Establishing the “Mountain Cat Maniacs” to increase school spirit and support UPJ’s teams. The group has nearly 800 members, and record numbers are attending athletic events.
- Involving team members and coaching staff in supporting causes including breast cancer and pancreatic cancer research and awareness.
- Supporting the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Student athletes raised $3,400.
- Supporting elementary education. Members of the Pitt-Johnstown men’s basketball and wrestling teams visited East Side Elementary School to read to students.
- Supporting needy local families during the holiday season.The student-athlete advisory committee collected more than 300 food items. The committee also collected clothing and toys.
via University Times